How To Find The Durable And Best Military Watches For Men
A watch is a common component of our everyday wardrobes, but military watches cross over from the area of an everyday accent piece and enter into the realm of functional necessity.
These watches are designed to survive harsh environments while providing useful functions for their owner. Many current collections have done away with bulky, rough looking designs and now offer stylish pieces that can be worn for multiple occasions.
If you’re looking for a military watch for yourself or for someone you love, you’re in the right place. We’ve made our selections for the best military watches for men as well as written a guide on how to choose the right one for your needs.
The Best Military Watches for Men
Two components set military watches apart from everyday fashion watches: Durability and Functionality. Check out our two favorite military watches that check off both of these necessary components as well as offer many other useful features.
1. G-Shock GA110MB-1A Military Series Watch – Black / One Size
Casio introduced the first G-Shock watch in 1983, and they’ve since become a trusted leader in the wristwatch industry.
The G-Shock Military Series offers a sleek, black design that easily transitions from uniform to special occasion.
This lightweight watch comes in at less than eight ounces, resulting in an easy to wear piece during long hour’s outdoors.
Both analog and digital displays are offered on a dark background, which is viewable by a push-activated LED light. This design allows for the watch to go unnoticed by others in the dark of night yet it can still be seen by your night vision goggles.
Pros and Cons of the G-Shock Military Series Watch
- Provides both an analog and digital display.
- Shock resistant
- Sleek design
- Viewable with night vision.
- Offers stopwatch functionality.
- The display is very dark which can be an issue if you have poor eyesight.
Who Should Consider the G-Shock Military Series Watch?
- Great for any military personnel that needs to go incognito while on duty.
- Also great for anyone that likes a durable watch that’s also aesthetically pleasing.
- Since the watch face is incredibly dark, this watch may not be one of the best watches for nurses or medical staff who may need to monitor the time but don’t have a free hand to hold the LED button.
Find out more about Casio’s G-Shock Military Watch on Amazon.
2. Suunto Core Black Military Watch
The Suunto’s Core Black Military wristwatch is designed to be as useful as it is stylish.
Built with both an altimeter and a barometer, this watch will alert you of possibly dangerous weather conditions wherever you are in the world. The band is designed to be lightweight and flexible to provide comfort during long periods of vigorous physical activity.
The all black design of this wrist watch offers a minimalistic touch of style to everyday wear.
Pros and Cons of the Suunto Core Military Watch
- The dual screen allows you to see the current time while using the countdown timer.
- Depth meter
- Provides step-by-step navigation instruction.
- Storm alarm
- Band wears out quickly.
- Special features, like the compass, drain the battery quickly.
Who Should Consider the Suunto Core Military Watch.
- One of the best watches for men who spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Great for someone who is often assigned to rugged regions.
- The combination of the features and durability of the watch make it one of the best watches for nurses or medical staff.
- This may not be the best watch for someone who will be away from civilian life for long periods of time because of how quickly the battery drains when the special features are used.
Check out the Suunto Core Military Watch on Amazon for the best prices.
Choosing the Right Military Watch for You
Just as every person is different, every watch is different. You should go just as picky about choosing your watch as you are choosing a pair of shoes.
Use this guide to help you figure out which of the best military watches for men is right for you.
Today’s watches are built to be multifunctional, so be sure to look for a watch that matches your work needs.
Functions to consider include a calendar, world clock, timer, stopwatch, LED backlight, and barometer. It may also be useful to choose a watch that has both an analog and digital display.
Don’t forget to consider any on-duty regulations such as color and size. Certain positions also have restrictions on the type of watch you can wear.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a watch is your personal preferences. What do you like?
Functionality doesn’t mean that you have to lose out on style. Since both the G-Watch and the Suunto Core are black, they can be matched to any outfit.
When it comes to military watches, comfort should be a key component in your decision. A wide band may irritate your wrist while too small of a band can result in it breaking easily.
Part of the aspect of comfort is the size of the watch face. If you work with your hands, a comfortable band like the Suunto Core is a wise choice.
Also, be sure to consider your comfort level with technology before deciding on a watch. If you find electronics to be daunting, then look for a collection that prides itself on being user-friendly like the G-Watch.