3M Littmann Master Classic II Stethoscope Review
When it comes to stethoscope, Littmann is usually on top of the list. Essentially, it’s the most loved brand. It has been developing and making a stethoscope for more than 46 years. Through the quality of its units, the brand is loved, not just by doctors and nurses, but also by EMT workers and medicine students.
One of the top-notch products of this brand is the 3M Littmann Master Classic II Stethoscope. It’s a highly recommended model across the globe. In fact, senior physicians used it to help them with their patients. It’s not just useful in listening to patient’s heart and lungs, but it’s also great in hearing intestinal sounds in the best possible way.
On Amazon, it’s one of the best-selling stethoscopes and widely trusted by doctors and medical students. There’s no doubt about it as this model offers the loudness that you need to hear to get proper diagnosis. This model is considered as an improved version of the Classic I. And because it’s made by Littmann, you can be sure of the quality it brings when you use it with your patients.
The quality of materials used in this model is excellent. As a result, it makes this model a first-rate stethoscope garnering 4.7 stars out of 5 stars on Amazon. This simply suggests that the majority of users are happy with their purchase. It surely is a favorite amongst medical students, doctors, nurses and other professionals who need to listen to the body sounds of their patients.
The 3M Littmann Master Classic II Stethoscope will help you in properly listening to the body sounds of your patients. It comes with an ergonomic design with excellent acoustic sensitivity. The reliability of this product is one of the reasons medical professionals picked it over the others. It’s comfortable to use allowing you to provide your patient with best care possible.
This unit combines versatility and reliability performance of a tunable diaphragm technology. With its single-side chest piece, it makes this unit a portable stethoscope you can bring when you’re on duty. Although it’s designed for doctors, this model is also ideal for students and other medical professionals who need to detect, study and listen to body sounds to help them make a better assessment and diagnosis of their patients.
- Tunable diaphragm technology. It’s a trademark of 3M that lets users hear different sounds of different frequency by simply adjusting the pressure on the unit’s chest piece. Compared with a two-sided model, the tunable diaphragm technology no longer needs turning over and repositioning the chest piece to adjust the sound’s frequency. When you apply light pressure, you’ll hear low-frequency sounds. On the other hand, when you press it a little more, you’ll hear high-frequency sounds. This feature makes it easier for you to focus on your patient’s body sounds.
- Non-chill rim. The chest piece is still made of metal. However, it doesn’t cause chilling effects when it is applied onto the patient’s skin. Overall, this gives patient ultra-comfort when you’re trying to detect whatever is causing his/her ailments.
- Snap-tight ear tips. It comes with a soft-sealing ear tips that conform to your ears. You may adjust its head size by squeezing the tips together for a comfortable fit. Essentially, the tips snap firmly onto the ends of your ear tubes.
- Flexible tubing. All 3M Littmann stethoscopes have flexible tubing. And this model is no exception. It can easily resist skin oils and alcohol so it has longer life. Because of its built, it is less likely to stain. But the tubing is not made of natural rubber latex. Thus, it won’t cause allergies or skin redness to some sensitive medical professionals. It is also free of phthalate plasticizers.
- Noise Reduction Technology. Most medical professionals working for an EMT would agree that this feature of this model makes it easy for them to hear body sounds. With its noise reduction technology, the ambient noise is reduced significantly providing users with superb sound quality. This makes it an ideal choice for those who are regularly taking blood pressure or assess basic physical examination.
With all these features, it no wonder this model is regarded by many as a very useful medical instrument. It’s able to help you out in listening to the body sounds of your patients. As it can give you accurate body sounds, it can help you properly diagnose your patient.
Read More: Best Stethoscope For Nurses
- One of the best benefits of having this model is its excellent acoustical sensitivity. This means that you can clear body sounds clearly.
- It comes with soft-sealing ear tips that block out surrounding noise, making it very helpful when you’re in a noisy environment, like in the ambulance.
- With its ability to adjust to low and high frequency sounds, it offers you a convenient way to listen to any type of sounds. This saves time as you no longer need to turn the chest piece each time you need to listen to high-frequency or low-frequency sounds from your patient’s body.
- Most of all, it is manufactured by a leading brand – 3M. It’s a brand that most medical professionals trust because of its great value for their money.
- It’s very light. This means that you can easily carry it around while you’re on duty in the hospital. It also won’t cause a strain in your neck when you hang it there.
- It’s made in the USA. This means that you can be sure of its quality compared to those stethoscopes made in China.
- It comes in various sizes and colors. With that in mind, you can find the right model that you can proudly hang in your neck or place in your bag.
- It’s quite expensive compared with other models on the market. You can buy a stethoscope that’s less than $50. With this model, you need to spend more than $100 to obtain one. However, most of its buyers agreed that the extra money is worth it considering that they don’t have to purchase another model in the next few years.
- The tubing, though flexible, may still get a little stiff after years of using it. However, this type of issue is also seen when you use other models or brands.
What Customers Are Saying About This Model?
On Amazon, this model received a high rating of 4.7 stars. One of the verified buyers stated that this model has served him well throughout his clinical clerkship and while he was still in college. For him, the fact that the ear tips don’t hurt his ears is one of the best benefits of having it. He also gave kudos to the model’s excellent acoustics, even if he’s in a noisy situation or environment. Plus, he likes that this model is built with high-durable materials. With that in mind, he doesn’t have to purchase another stethoscope again.
Another customer said that he has been using this model for years while working as a paramedic. He likes that the model comes with ear tips that seal tightly in his ear tubes. They’re also very comfortable to wear. Then, the single-sided diaphragm is a big advantage. For him, he doesn’t need to turn the chest piece to listen to low or high-frequency sounds during emergency situations. This is one of the reasons many workers in EMS are using this model because they can actually hear vitals, heart tones, bowel sounds and other body sounds clearly.
This model of 3M Littmann is easy to use. It isn’t bulky to your pocket or bag. The tunable diaphragm truly offers great convenience as the user no longer needs to turn the piece over. Instead, users will only have to alter the pressure to listen to body sounds accurately.
For nurses and those medical professionals working in critical environments, this unit becomes very handy as it allows them to clearly hear body sounds so they can effectively assess their patient’s condition. If you’re looking for a stethoscope that’s not only lightweight but also effective in helping you hear body sounds, then this model fits the bill.
Read more: Cardiology 3 Stethoscope
“The best value stethoscope,” “five stars,” and “for the busy medical professionals.” These are just three of the many things that users of this model could say about this product. It’s a top stethoscope that’s ideal for anyone working in the medical field. But because of its great features, it quickly becomes a favorite of those working for EMT.
It comes with a very versatile headset that lets you hear low and high-frequency sounds without having to turn the chest piece over. All you need to do is to apply pressure on the piece, depending on the type of sound you’d like to hear. It has a chest piece with a unique shape and it’s built with soft-sealing ear tips.
The 3M Littmann Master Classic II stethoscope is indeed a great choice for a busy medical professional like you. It has ergonomic design with comfortable ear tips. The acoustic quality is superb and it has a non-chill rim to offer your patients the best comfort they need when you’re assessing them.